Sunday, February 5, 2012

Resolutions for 2012

I've never been one for new year resolutions, but there are a few bible verses that are particularly meaningful to me that I'd like to offer as resolutions for 2012.

The first is found in Micah 6:6-8 (NIV):

With what shall I come before the LORD
 and bow down before the exalted God?

Shall I come before him with burnt offerings,
with calves a year old?

Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams,
with ten thousand rivers of oil?

Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression,
the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?

To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

For 2012, I resolve to acty justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with my God.

The next passage is found in 1 John 2:15-17 (NIV):

Do not love the world or anything in the world.  If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  For everything in the world -- the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does -- comes not from the Father but from the world.  The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

For 2012, I resolve to not love the things of the world, to not boast about what I have and what I've done and I resolve to do the will of God.

The next passage is found in Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV):

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.

For 2012, I resolve to not lean on my own understanding, but to trust in the LORD with all my heart and to acknowledge him in all that I do.

The last passage is found in 1 Chronicles 28:9 (NIV):

... acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts.  If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

For 2012, I resolve to serve God with wholehearted devotion and a willing mind.

These are my resolutions for 2012 and I hope that you will consider adopting these as well.